[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Unwind behaviour in Clang/LLVM

Evgeniy Stepanov eugenis at google.com
Thu Feb 13 03:35:26 PST 2014

I assume this "CantUnwind table" is not the same as

Unwind table index '.ARM.exidx' at offset 0x818 contains 4 entries:
0x5d4 <main>: 0x1 [cantunwind]

because the latter prevent any unwinding, breaking
debuggers/profilers/sanitizers.

As I understand, the right way to enable basic unwind through any
function (without emitting landing pands etc, unless they are needed
for something else) is -funwind-tables. I'm going to add that in the
driver for all sanitizers then.