[LLVMdev] LLVM/Clang on Sparc64

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:49:34 PST 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Venkatraman Govindaraju <
venkatra at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Thanks to Jakob's work on Sparcv9 ABI in Clang and recent changes to
> Sparc code generator, I am happy to announce that Clang can self host
> itself on Linux/Sparc64 and on FreeBSD/Sparc64.
>
> However, it still fails on a few unit tests and nightly tests,
> primarily due to misaligned memory accesses in the code (See bugs
> 18482, 18500, 18502, 18536, 18693). Unlike other architectures,
> misaligned loads/stores cause bus errors in Sparc.
>
> To catch bugs specific to Sparc such as the misalignment bugs, it
> would be great to get some buildbots running on Sparc machines. I see
> that there are buildbot slaves already running on Sparc machines in
> GCC compile farm (for example, gcc63, gcc64, listed at
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/buildslaves). Is it possible to start running
> builders on them? If so, what are the procedures to do that?

You'll probably want to ask the owners and submit a patch (perhaps you can
ask the owners by way of a code review of the patch) for the zorg
repository where the buildbot configurations are kept. Once submitted,
email Galina to have the buildmaster updated.