[LLVMdev] LoadInst result

nizam at cse.iitm.ac.in nizam at cse.iitm.ac.in
Sat Feb 1 00:43:32 PST 2014

Folks,

I have a LLVM instruction like the following

%0 = load i32** %pp, align 8

I have a LoadInst &inst handle to this instruction. In addition, i could access the pointer being loaded from using the inst.getPointerOperand...

However, is there a way to access the handle to the value being loaded? Essentially, i wanted to access the %0 in the statement listed.

The end goal is to do some amount of points-to analysis. I have this pointer %pp being loaded into %0 and later i have a store instruction storing %0 into some other pointer. If i cannot establish the %0 link here, i would not be able to establish points-to.

Any help in this regards would be appreciated. Thanks

BR/Nizam