[LLVMdev] Modularizing LICM

Bruno Cardoso Lopes bruno.cardoso at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:55:17 PST 2014

One way you could go is to expose the interface in
include/llvm/Transforms/Utils/LoopUtils.h. There's a similar approach
in the LCSSA and LoopSimplify passes, both define functions used by
other passes (e.g LoopUnroll and LICM).

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Philip Reames
<listmail at philipreames.com> wrote:
> I've come across similar use cases recently.  In particular, there are some
> cases where I'd like run HoistRegion on a particular basic block after loop
> unswitching.
>
> I would be open to reviewing patches if you wanted to send them.  I may get
> around to doing so myself eventually, but it's fairly low on my priority
> list.
>
> Philip
>

> On 12/15/2014 04:16 AM, Nema, Ashutosh wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I’m writing a new loop pass, and has a need to call LICM(Loop Invariant Code
> Motion) ‘PromoteAliasSet’ on modified loop.
>

> For now I didn’t found any why to call ‘PromoteAliasSet’ from my pass
> explicitly.
>

> The only way is to schedule LICM pass after my pass.
>

> For some reason my pass need more control and preferring to call LICM
> ‘PromoteAliasSet’ instead running full LICM as next pass.
>

> Can LICM be more modular by exposing wrapper functions for its core
> functionalities (i.e. SinkRegion, HoistRegion, PromoteAliasSet) ?
>

> These wrappers will check pre-requisite(i.e. AliasAnalysis, LoopInfo
> availability ) and call appropriate functions.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ashutosh

Bruno Cardoso Lopes
http://www.brunocardoso.cc