[LLVMdev] LIT Verbose

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Thu Dec 18 14:08:35 PST 2014

On 12/18/14 2:35 PM, Renato Golin wrote:
> On 18 December 2014 at 21:32, Jonathan Roelofs
> <jonathan at codesourcery.com> wrote:
>> I think this will help one facet of your problem:
>> http://reviews.llvm.org/D6584
>
> I don't think so, because the tests don't time out, it's a buffering issue...

I gather that the tests don't time out, but you want them to because they're
taking to long, and whatever you're currently using to do that doesn't work.
That patch I mentioned causes tests that take too long to be killed, so I still
think that solves part of your problem.

OTOH, you observe a buffering issue. Why do you think that gets in the way of
timeouts killing your tests? ISTM that buffering should be orthogonal to
timeouts... What are the buildbots currently using to do timeouts?

Jon

--
Jon Roelofs
jonathan at codesourcery.com