[LLVMdev] LIT Verbose

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Dec 18 13:38:12 PST 2014

On 18 December 2014 at 21:34, Daniel Sanders <Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com> wrote:
> If I remember correctly, there was some talk in ninja's github issues about not buffering when there's only one command to run. Is it possible that your manual runs are using a newer version of ninja?

My laptop version is actually older... :) 1.3.0.git against 1.3.4

It's strange, as LIT actually prints the whole thing, so I can't fix
it by adding more verbosity to lit, I have to see what ninja is doing
wrong.

I'll have a look on github, thanks!

> Also, I remember there being some talk about printing 'still waiting...' messages when a command hasn't finished for a while. That would stop the timeouts but it would also remove the protection against infinite loops.

Yeah, I'd rather fix the buffering issue, not create another one. :)

cheers,
--renato