[LLVMdev] [RFC] Requiring python 2.6

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 07:35:43 PST 2014

On 15 December 2014 at 14:52, Rafael EspĂ­ndola
<rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 December 2014 at 20:50, David Majnemer <david.majnemer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a reminder, these bots are still not operational because of this
>> change.
>
> Well, there were valid objections to lowering the requirement.
>
> If we can require the host compiler to be upgraded, it is probably ok
> to require python to be upgraded too, no?

I agree. But perhaps a gentler way to do this would be to downgrade to
Python 2.6 in trunk for now and agree a timeline for the owners of the
currently broken bots (I've CC'ed the ones Rafael mentioned) to
upgrade (e.g. a week), unless they know they can get the upgrade done
quickly. Thoughts?