[LLVMdev] 3.5.1 Testing Phase Begins

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Thu Dec 11 17:26:23 PST 2014

Hi,

3.5.1-rc1 has been tagged, so it is time to begin testing.  We can
always use more testers, so if  you would like to volunteer, let me
know.

For those that are new to testing, please review the documentation
for how validate a new release:
http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseProcess.html

Remember that when we check for regressions we want to compare the
test results of 3.5.1-rc1 with 3.5.0-final.

There is one undocumented step, which is how to package build/package
the binaries so they can be uploaded to the website.  I think there
may be a script for this, but I'm not sure.  It would be great if
one of the veteran testers could add this information to the release
documentation, or at the very least explain to me what to do so
I can update the docs.

If you have any questions about testing, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Tom