[LLVMdev] [RFC] Stripping unusable intrinsics

Pete Cooper peter_cooper at apple.com
Wed Dec 10 16:10:41 PST 2014

> On Dec 10, 2014, at 4:06 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com <mailto:rnk at google.com>> wrote:
> How much code is there that looks at target specific intrinsics from generic IR passes?
>
> I suspect quite a bit transitively. ValueTracking, constant folding, instsimplify, instcombine, etc.
Yeah.  Quite a bit is a good way to put it.  Just looking for ‘Intrinsic::x86’ hits AutoUpgrade, ConstantFolding, InstCombineCalls, LoopStrengthReduce, MemorySanitizer, SelectionDAGBuilder and ValueTracking.

I didn’t look at other targets.  ARM is probably supported in a similar number of places to x86.  Other targets probably less so.

Pete