[LLVMdev] [RFC] Semantic changes in the Metadata/Value split

Duncan P. N. Exon Smith dexonsmith at apple.com
Fri Dec 5 09:35:22 PST 2014

> On 2014-Dec-05, at 00:39, Peter Collingbourne <peter at pcc.me.uk> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 06:44:36PM -0800, Duncan P. N. Exon Smith wrote:
>> As of Monday, I finally got a preliminary patch passing check and
>> check-clang with the metadata-value split.
>
> Do you have the Go bindings enabled? Because of the changes you made to the
> DIBuilder interface, I expect that your changes will break the bindings.

Yes, that's probably true :(.

There aren't really any DIBuilder changes, but the split itself will
probably cause compile failures.  I expect the fixes will be fairly
mechanical, along the lines of the changes I made to lib/IR/Core.cpp.

I don't see instructions for enabling the bindings on the CMake page [1].
Is there a way to do it?

[1]: http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html

(I can compile the bindings on Darwin, right?)

> I'm happy to help with updating the bindings.

Thanks!