[LLVMdev] Perf is dead again... :(

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 08:00:10 PST 2014

Hi Chris,

On 1 December 2014 at 18:31, Chris Matthews <chris.matthews at apple.com> wrote:
> The cloud instance would need funding to run at the scale the llvm.org
> server runs at.  It can only accommodate about 5k submissions worth of data
> at its current size.  I assume that would be exhausted pretty fast with a
> bunch of machines submitting several times per day.

I haven't used Heroku but if it's working and they provide access to a
postgres cluster (is this [1] what you're using?) then that sounds
very handy.

Given that the problem is database reliability, Docker isn't really
going to solve this problem on its own. I will probably still make a
container but it's going to be for a separate project of mine so that
will be orthogonal to this thread.

So I guess two questions come to mind:

* Is Heroku is the right choice (we don't want to be locked into
Heroku)? Given the progress you've made it sounds suitable.
* Who should fund whatever host is used to host the LNT
infrastructure. Given the commercial interest in LLVM I hope that this
will be straight forward

Presumably this is what the LLVM foundation [2] is for? Should we
start a new thread CC'ing the foundation directors on the subject of
finding a host for the LNT infrastructure?

[1] https://www.heroku.com/postgres
[2] http://blog.llvm.org/2014/04/the-llvm-foundation.html

Thanks,
Dan.