[LLVMdev] FAQ update and Question on minimum build

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Wed Dec 3 07:23:13 PST 2014

I don't have measurements for other configurations but the peak memory usage for a cmake build with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON and debug info was ~7GB on my x86_64 machine when I last measured it. You might find that your target needs a fair bit of swap space too.

Also FWIW, I recently re-built the LLVM 3.5 binary packages on an EdgeRouter Pro which has 2GB RAM and 16GB swap (on a USB stick). The source and build directory is mounted via NFS and ended up at ~9GB.