[LLVMdev] new set of superoptimizer results

Michael Zolotukhin mzolotukhin at apple.com
Mon Dec 1 17:26:06 PST 2014

> On Nov 27, 2014, at 7:24 AM, John Regehr <regehr at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
>> I strongly suspect pointer union and pointer int pair style classes are the source of these...
>> But perhaps I'm wrong
Probably that’s it, but my original question was actually about which pass in llvm adds these checks. The stuff you mentioned definitely could be a source of unaligned accesses, but I expected these accesses to remain unaligned across all our passes without any runtime checks.

> I'll try to make this guessing game easier by including srclocs in the next set of results.
I’m sure that would be handy.

Michael