[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] LLVM+GCC collaboration BoF

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat Aug 30 10:22:28 PDT 2014

On 30 August 2014 18:11, David Chisnall <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is it widely advertised within the GCC community?

I haven't seen any announcement on the GNU lists (gcc, buinutils).

> I presume that there are some GCC developers in the bay area who would be able to make it, if there's space for them at such a session and interest in having them attend.

We could send an email to those lists, though most of them have
already attended at the cauldron, and they may find it a bit
redundant. Don't we have a few GCC folks in our midst, already?

I think, in the long term, it'd be good if more LLVM developers went
to the cauldron and more GNU developers to the LLVM meetings, but I'm
happy to be the bridge for now. At least to lay the ground work and
help ease the expectations. We have strong opinions on both sides and
we don't always agree, so without the proper expectations, there could
be some serious misunderstandings, damaging the collaboration.

Having said that, I'd be happy to have GNU folks on that BoF, just
like we had LLVM folks at the cauldron. I think it was a positive
experience!

cheers,
--renato