[LLVMdev] Dev Meeting BOF: Performance Tracking

Kristof Beyls kristof.beyls at arm.com
Wed Aug 20 11:08:00 PDT 2014

Hi Gerolf,

I also like actionable items coming out of a BoF more than "just talk".
That's why we tried identifying actionable items at the similar BoF last
year, and why I tried summarizing them clearly, see
http://llvm.org/devmtg/2013-11/slides/BenchmarkBOFNotes.html.

Last year, it proved difficult for most attendees to commit on the spot
during the BoF to actually work on any of the actions.

I think that the summary referred to above has helped to have most of
the actions implemented over the course of the year, even though most
actions at the BoF didn't have anyone owning them.

I agree it would be great if we'd have participants who can commit time
to work on action items on the spot. If that would prove difficult again
this time around, the next best thing I think is to at least have
actionable items identified and documented like last year.

Do I understand your proposal correctly that you propose to use a BoF slot
to produce actionable items, similar to last year; and then use e.g. a
lightning talk slot later during the conference to present to a wider
audience what the action items are?

Thanks,

Kristof