[LLVMdev] C Backend Ressurected

Peter Fodrek peter.fodrek at stuba.sk
Tue Aug 19 03:26:41 PDT 2014

Dear LVVM developers,
On Monday, August 18, 2014 14:18:51 Carback, Richard T., III wrote:
> 2 of my summer interns (Aimee Dipietro and Greg Simpson) used their
time
> over the summer to resurrect the LLVM C Backend:

> https://github.com/draperlaboratory/llvm-cbe
>
> Improvements include recovery of simple for/while loops (instead of
goto),
> better variable naming, inline asm support, and making it work on a
more
> recent version of llvm. I believe they used the repository here as a
> starting point:

> https://github.com/glycerine/llvm/tree/cbe_revival
>
> Feedback is welcomed. I would like to see this feature put back into
LLVM,
> and any help on how to make that happen would be appreciated.

I would like to ask you about phase of development
Last summer I was to try to do about the same but
I was to to some else academic projects istead

My work was trial to port CBackend for LLVM3.3 or later
and I was to mention four stages

1. To be able to compile CBackend form LLVM 2.9 for new LLVM- that was
finished
2. To be able to run CBackend to produce output - I was not finished, yet
because of segfaults
3. To be able to run CBackend to produce compilable output - not started
4. To be able to run CBackend to produce compilable and correctly working
output - not started

I wish you to finish $th stage as soon as possible

My idea was to use CBackend to analyze code from several languages
using C language LLVM based analysis tools. Your work is great information
for me.
McSema make my iodea more usable
A New Program Exists To Translate x86 Machine Code Into LLVM Bitcode
Compiler
Published on 11 August 2014 08:18 AM EDT
Written by Michael Larabel in Compiler

McSema has been officially open-sourced as an advanced program for
translating x86 machine code into LLVM bitcode.

McSema is the latest program trying to allow taking x86 binaries and
turning them back into LLVM bitcode.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=homeom/scan.php?page=home

I look forward hearing  from  you

Yours faithfully