[LLVMdev] Plans for the Apple supported Darwin buildbot cluster

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 03:26:37 PDT 2014

On 14 Aug 2014, at 11:17, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:

> Can't it be the output of a verbose build, like the textual version?

Sure, but where do you put it?  The XML file that you produce is:

- Really, really big
- Not human readable (for most values of 'human')

So you don't want to send it to the standard output.  The things that want to parse it expect a file in the filesystem.  So if you want the verbose build to be sticking it in a well-known file then I don't have strong objections, but it seems to be conflating two things.  We run lit in -q mode in Jenkins, because we don't want big console logs duplicating the information in the XML.

David