[LLVMdev] tablegen pattern

kewuzhang kewu.zhang at amd.com
Mon Aug 11 14:24:48 PDT 2014

Hi Guys,

I have a taget instruction which take a vec4 and returns a vec4.( say instruction  “vec4:$dst mod( vec4:$src)"  )
And I want to use it to match i an  ir instruction/intrinsic function( say " float:$dst  llvm.irmod( vec4:$src)"   which takes a vec4, output a float.

I think the procedure is:  when  I see the intrinsic llvm.irmod, I need to call  "extractlt( mod($src), 0)”,

So I tried to define a pattern “ def Pat<( i32 ( llvm.irmod vf432:$src)), (extractelt( mod v4f32:$src ), 0)>”,  but it reports ERROR”  Cannot use “extractelt” in an output pattern”.

I knew I can easily do it via lowering operation by separating the “extractelt” node out. But can I do it via tablgen?

Best

kevin