[LLVMdev] LLVM object file creation

Konstantinos Parasyris koparasy at uth.gr
Mon Aug 11 06:48:54 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am new in the llvm project and as I was reading the llvm documentation
llvm does not support binary creation, however it allows to create
object files (*.o) and afterwards link them using the gcc linker.
When compiling a source file I would like to create a second binary file
which contains information for each instruction inside the original
object file. To be more precise as the instruction stream is written to
the object file I would like to write the metadata into a second stream.
I would like to ask which llvm source files should I look into  to find
the object file creation and writing?

Thank You

Konstantinos Parasyris.