[LLVMdev] [RFC] OpenMP offload infrastructure

Das, Dibyendu Dibyendu.Das at amd.com
Sun Aug 10 23:03:25 PDT 2014

I didn’t see SPIR discussed anywhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu] On Behalf Of Sergey Ostanevich
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 3:52 AM
To: llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: [LLVMdev] [RFC] OpenMP offload infrastructure

Hello everybody!

I would like to present a proposal for implementation of OpenMP offloading in LLVM. It was created by a list of authors and covers the runtime part at most and at a very high level. I believe it will be good to have input from community at this early stage before moving deeper in details.

The driver part is intentionally not touched, since we have no clear vision on how one can use 3rd party compiler for target code generation and incorporate its results into the final host link phase.
I hope to hear from you more on this.

I invite you to take part in discussion of the document. Critics, proposals, updates - all are welcome!

Thank you,
Sergey Ostanevich
Open Source Compilers
Intel Corporation