[LLVMdev] Recent compile time performance regressions

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Fri Aug 1 13:33:09 PDT 2014

Not asking you to do anything specifically Tobias, just adding information
to the list...

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:

> Note, this patch is actually the smaller culprit, around 209801 there is
> another performance regression, but I have no idea if/where this is coming
> from or if this for some reason is a false positive.

I'm having to question the results on this bot. The range of commits which
cause the larger compile time regression is 209797 - 209799... But those
commits are totally innocuous. The closest to a something that could go
poorly would be r209798, but that commit doesn't seem plausible for a huge
slowdown.

I wonder if there is something weird going on with the bot...