[LLVMdev] MIPS n64 ABI and non-PIC

Brandon Hill bgh.list.reader at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:35:28 PDT 2014

Has anyone experimented with generating non-PIC for MIPS64 and the n64 ABI?
Currently MipsISelLowering.cpp uses conditions like:

 if ((getTargetMachine().getRelocationModel() == Reloc::PIC_) || IsN64) {
 }

around any PIC code generation.  Is generating non-PIC just untested, or is
it known not to work?  I can't find any discussion of it anywhere. I ran
into this when trying to see why --relocation-model=static had no effect on
the output.  I'm game to test it, but it would help to know that it isn't
pointless due to a significant known issue.

Brandon