[LLVMdev] Build bot for documentation?

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 05:50:48 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> wrote:
>> Please go ahead.  We can host the buildbot here:
>>
>> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/buildslaves/gribozavr4
>
> Thanks. I guess I'll have to do some reading because I don't have a
> good high level understanding of how the build bot works.
>
> For gribozavr4 does that mean running a new buildbot slave process on
> the machine or can slaves build multiple configurations (is this the
> same as what buildbot calls a "builder")? Also is it the master or
> slave that chooses which configurations a slave should build?

We will be just running multiple build configurations on the same machines.

For example, this machine
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/buildslaves/gribozavr1 builds three
configurations already.

> From reading http://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html it wasn't
> completely clear to me as this documentation seems to add a slave and
> builder at the same time, whereas you are suggesting we use an
> existing slave.

Yes, that page is more about adding a new machine.  Please take a look
at examples in https://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/zorg/trunk/zorg/buildbot/builders/

These are two scripts that have been written recently and don't have
lots of complexity in them:

https://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/zorg/trunk/zorg/buildbot/builders/ClangAndLLDBuilder.py?revision=201498&view=markup
https://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/zorg/trunk/zorg/buildbot/builders/Libiomp5Builder.py?revision=205118&view=markup

Dmitri