[LLVMdev] How can I get rid of "OPFL_Chain" in myCPUGenInstrInfo.inc

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 00:17:51 PDT 2014

Hi Hilbert,

> let Constraints="$dst=$op0",mayStore=1,

Are you sure you mean "mayStore" here and not "mayLoad"?

> very bad, all uses of  input chain was replaced with ADDErm  Node.

Since your ADDErm is also a load, it is going to need an input chain
of some kind (and hence OPFL_Chain) so that's not surprising on its
own.

> so the created token factor node depends on the ADDErm node  after the
> replacement.

I don't suppose you could post the output of "-view-isel-dags" &
"-view-sched-dags"? I've got some ideas on how to reproduce what
you're seeing, but I need the exact DAGs to have much chance.

It sounds like it *might* be a bug in HandleMergeInputChains, if it
doesn't take glue into account somehow.

Cheers.

Tim.