[LLVMdev] Proposal: add intrinsics for safe division

JF Bastien jfb at google.com
Thu Apr 24 14:05:01 PDT 2014

Why not also support 8-bit vectors?

I'd be interested in these intrinsics also supporting integer vector types
with the same semantics, and having the vectorization code be able to
understand scalar/vector safe division the same way it understands
scalar/vector division.

FWIW we did something in PNaCl, but only to guarantee that integer
division/modulo by zero reliably traps on all architectures:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/native_client/pnacl-llvm/+/master/lib/Transforms/NaCl/InsertDivideCheck.cpp