[LLVMdev] tablegen for fast isel

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Wed Apr 23 17:21:11 PDT 2014

What is the purpose of tablegen created files for fast-isel?

If I make the following change to Makefile in lib/Target/Mips

  BUILT_SOURCES = MipsGenRegisterInfo.inc MipsGenInstrInfo.inc \
                  MipsGenAsmWriter.inc MipsGenCodeEmitter.inc \
                  MipsGenDAGISel.inc MipsGenCallingConv.inc \
-                MipsGenSubtargetInfo.inc MipsGenMCCodeEmitter.inc \
+               MipsGenSubtargetInfo.inc MipsGenFastISel.inc
MipsGenMCCodeEmitter.inc \
                  MipsGenDisassemblerTables.inc \
                  MipsGenMCPseudoLowering.inc MipsGenAsmMatcher.inc

I get an error.

Included from
/home/rkotler/workspace/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsInstrInfo.td:1474:
/home/rkotler/workspace/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/Mips64InstrInfo.td:89:1:
error: Duplicate record in FastISel table!
def DSUB   : ArithLogicR<"dsub", GPR64Opnd, 0, II_DSUB, sub>, ADD_FM<0,
0x2e>;
^
make[3]: ***
[/home/rkotler/llvmw/build/lib/Target/Mips/Debug+Asserts/MipsGenFastISel.inc.tmp]
Error 1

Then it creates a blank file for MipsGenFastISel.inc and after that I
get no build errors.

I'm not sure what this is about .

Any ideas?

Tia.