[LLVMdev] Building sanitizers for Android

Yury Gribov y.gribov at samsung.com
Sun Apr 20 22:00:41 PDT 2014

On 04/17/2014 11:24 PM, Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
>> Does %run support ssh-based testing?
>
> Yes, %run is configured by the user.  I configure it to call a shell
> script that calls qemu-arm.  It could just as easily ssh or "adb push
> && adb shell".

It's not that easy. Some tests require passing environment variables
(which aren't transparently forwarded by ssh/adb) and some require
several objects to run (e.g. executable + dynamic library).
It sounds like the only way would be to support this in %run would be to
parse all lit commands (not just %run-command btw), detect environments
variables and all objects that executable depends on, copy them to
device, etc.

Frankly I'm not sure %run will be robust solution for anything but qemu-arm.

-Y