[LLVMdev] More Qs about llvm IR to access struct fields

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Fri Apr 18 05:40:32 PDT 2014

On 4/17/2014 2:41 PM, Rodney M. Bates wrote:

> Question 1:
> Does this choice affect the optimization possibilities?

Depends on how advanced the alias analysis is these days (it is mostly
the alias analysis that could suffer).  I haven't looked into the AA
code much, but from what I remember, it could be affected by how the
data addresses are constructed.  Look into the TBAA metadata and whether
there is any expectation of correlation between the GEP structure and
the TBAA information. (Sorry, I don't have exact answers off the top of
my head.)

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation