[LLVMdev] adding comment

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Wed Apr 16 14:16:44 PDT 2014

On 04/16/2014 02:06 PM, reed kotler wrote:
> Is there a simple way to add a comment in the machine instructions of a
> basic block?
>
> Ideally something that can be used with machine instruction builder.
>
> Tia.
>
> Reed

In this case, I am working on the fast instruction selector for mips.

I want to be able to tag instructions or regions of instructions that
are emitted by the fast instruction selector as opposed to the normal
mechanism.

In fast instruction selector can always report that it cannot emit
instructions for some construct and then that part falls on the normal
mechanism; though in some cases the actual machine instructions emitted
would be the same.

So I want to be able to look for some kind of tag in the make check tests.

Tia.

Reed