[LLVMdev] LVLM runtime optimization during LLVM Analysis Passes.

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Thu Apr 10 09:25:02 PDT 2014

Doing this "in llvm-IR" is almost certainly the wrong approach. Decide
on a profiling mechanism for your *source* language (instrumentation,
sampling, etc..).  Modify your IR generation to include profiling
information.  Modify your runtime to recompile/relink "hot" functions.

The only internal to LLVM parts are improving profile guided optimizations.

Philip