[LLVMdev] Instruction dependency in ARM backend

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Sun Apr 6 10:42:23 PDT 2014

Hello

> What should be the right approach to implement this?
You definitely can glue them together. Alternatively, you can disable
the generation of movt / movw instruction pairs at all. The latter
probably looks the better solution give the target weirdness :)

> Is this something I can describe in target description for ARM?
If you mean .td files, then no. movt / movw pairs is inserted via
"pseudo instruction expansion pass". Look into
ARMExpandPseudoInsts.cpp

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov