[LLVMdev] Building sanitizers for Android

Alexey Samsonov samsonov at google.com
Thu Apr 3 07:31:59 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Greg Fitzgerald <garious at gmail.com> wrote:

> > we would still want to use compiler-rt test-suite in a standalone mode,
> to test fully built/installed toolchains,
> and even GCC.
>
> Sounds good.
>

> > Clang driver links the static xsan runtimes from a hardcoded
> > paths in Clang resource directory, and doesn't add flags like
> > "-lasan -L/path/to/clang/resource/dir". I find this behavior reasonable.
>
> Can we change the flags to "-lasan -L/path/to/clang/resource/dir"?  If
> we make that change,

I don't think it's a good idea to let user hijack the driver and stuff in
custom version of
ASan runtime instead the one installed/built with compiler :)

> I can stop suggesting that the clang build should
> invoke the compiler-rt test suite directly.  :-)

I haven't yet fully understood your complaints. Note that if you
build/configure compiler-rt
in a standalone mode, then "make check-compiler-rt" in that tree wouldn't
rebuild runtimes,
and instead assume that they are provided by toolchain (that is, in
standalone mode runtimes and
test suites are effectively independent). What do you mean by "invoking the
test-suite directly"?

--
Alexey Samsonov, MSK