[LLVMdev] Proposal: Loads/stores with deterministic trap/unwind behavior

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Tue Apr 1 09:35:16 PDT 2014

How do you plan to actually create the exception? You cannot simply
throw an exception (via "throw" statement) from a signal handler because
the unwinding won't happen properly.  To make it work you'll need a
runtime support to indicate the origin of the exception (i.e. the
address of the offending load/store). Alternatively, you could insert
runtime checks at the loads/stores, but then it won't be "zero-cost".

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation