[LLVMdev] Experimental Evaluation of the Schedulers in LLVM 3.3

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Sat Sep 28 23:13:23 PDT 2013

On Sep 28, 2013, at 4:04 AM, Svyatoslav Kuzmich <svyatoslav.kuzmich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Are there plans to change the default scheduler for ARM targets in 3.4?

Yes, I plan to finally switch the default for ARM shortly after x86. PreRA scheduling will switch from using the SD scheduler to the MI scheduler. This is currently preventing replacement of the SD scheduler with a fast SD->MI path. Note that individual subtargets can easily change their preferred scheduler if needed. Also, the behavior of the scheduler depends heavily on the subtarget's machine model.

I would also like to replace the current postRA scheduler with MI scheduler before 3.4. But that isn't quite as urgent.

-Andy