[LLVMdev] ARM NEON intrinsics in clang

Stanislav Manilov stanislav.manilov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:13:31 PDT 2013

> To answer your question I am testing on a pandaboard currently, which has
>> an arm cortex-a9 processor, which I think is 64-bit.
>>

> Cortex-A9 is still 32-bits, so you'll have all support you need. ;)

Ah, Okay, embarrassing...

however it doesn't if I remove the -ffreestanding flag. I need to figure
>> this out next.
>>

> Can you at least assemble the file to .s? You won't be able to compile
> Tim's example to executable because you don't have a main in there.

I can compile to assembly with the -ffreestanding flag on, but without it I
get:

In file included from neon.c:1:
In file included from
/home/stan/Fortress/Dev/llvm/build-trunk/Debug+Asserts/bin/../lib/clang/3.4/include/arm_neon.h:31:
In file included from
/home/stan/Fortress/Dev/llvm/build-trunk/Debug+Asserts/bin/../lib/clang/3.4/include/stdint.h:64:
In file included from /usr/include/stdint.h:25:
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:341:
/usr/include/stdc-predef.h:30:10: fatal error: 'bits/predefs.h' file not
found
#include <bits/predefs.h>

which I suspect has something to do with the fact that in /usr/include I
have a folder called x86_64-linux-gnu but not one
called arm-linux-gnueabihf. Am I even remotely right?

Cheers,
 - Stan