[LLVMdev] [Polly] Move Polly's execution later

Sebastian Pop spop at codeaurora.org
Thu Sep 26 13:22:13 PDT 2013

Star Tan wrote:
> I have not yet found out why Polly produces such wrong code.

IMO this is because Polly does not recognize a given number of patterns that
occur after the scalar opts have transformed the code.  There are a given number
of assumptions that we took for granted and these do not hold down the pipeline.

> However, maybe I should also investigate other points where we can move
> Polly. Do you have any suggestion?

Yep, try to move Polly just after function inlining, that's better than the
current place, and will extend the loop coverage in many cases.

Sebastian
hosted by The Linux Foundation