[LLVMdev] [lld]Native reader/writer is not called, treated as Dead Code!

Nick Kledzik kledzik at apple.com
Mon Sep 23 10:20:36 PDT 2013

On Sep 23, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Shankar Easwaran <shankare at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> When changes were brought from lld core to the Universal Driver, calls to NativeReader/NativeWriter code was stripped away.

This needs to be fixed.   Originally, ever run of the linker would have a step were it wrote to native and read that back in.  That makes sense for test cases, but not for a production linker.

We could add a flag to LinkingContext which triggers Driver::link() to side step through native format, then let the drivers decide whether to set the flag or not.

-Nick