[LLVMdev] [llvm] r190328 - Revert patches to add case-range support for PR1255.

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu Sep 19 12:40:57 PDT 2013

For reasons that are too long to explain here, for our testing of llvm
for Mips, we use an older binutils and libc.

This apparent regression was actually a linker bug related to Mips16 Pic
that has since been fixed.

The bug is fixed by this patch.
2011-12-13  Chung-Lin Tang  <cltang at codesourcery.com>

         * elfxx-mips.c (mips_elf_calculate_relocation): Correct
         R_MIPS16_HI16/R_MIPS16_LO16 handling of two cleared lower bits,
         update comments.

https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-12/msg00123.html

I have pushed a workaround patch to llvm for Mips16 which deals with this.

This original patch reversion just coincidentally triggered this bug.
I think you can flip a coin 20 times and more likely get all heads than
to run into this address boundary problem.

Reed