[LLVMdev] Let's not depend on terminfo / curses?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Sun Sep 8 19:02:38 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 05:09:57PM -0700, Nico Weber wrote:
> I think depending on curses is gross, and there haven't been many
> complaints about clang printing escape codes during the years it has
> existed so far. Other projectsget by with isatty() &&
> !strcmp(getenv("TERM"), "dumb") too, for example git:

Tools in the GNU/Linux environment have a long history of hard coding
escape sequences. GNU ls is a good example. That doesn't mean it is the
correct thing to do. So far, I haven't heard a valid (or even any
argument at all) from you to change that. The Windows case is somewhat
different due to the cruft of the Windows console API...

Joerg