[LLVMdev] Adding a library to CMake deps

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Sep 3 06:47:28 PDT 2013

On 3 September 2013 13:41, Arnaud A. de Grandmaison
<arnaud.adegm at gmail.com>wrote:

>  libxml2 comes with a 'xml2-config' shell script to get the right
> compilation / linking flags for the platform libxml2 was built on.
>
> Is 'xml2-config --libs' giving the required depencies ?

Oh, but that's cross-compilation, so either my host xml2-config will report
the wrong deps (for the host machine), or the target xml2-config won't run
on the host machine at all...

I believe this has something to do with the change in ld (since 2.21) to
require explicit deps on compilation command line...

cheers,
--renato