[LLVMdev] Adding a library to CMake deps

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Sep 3 05:13:59 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

When cross-compiling LLVM to ARM, using CMake+Ninja, I realized that
libxml2 depends on lzma, but the dependency is not explicit on the
build.ninja file under the "build bin/c-index-test"'s LINK_LIBRARIES (which
is the only one that cares about it).

I couldn't find the place to add -llzma into the deps, and the only mention
of libxml2 is in config-ix.cmake:

find_package(LibXml2)
if (LIBXML2_FOUND)
  set(CLANG_HAVE_LIBXML 1)
endif ()

Which I could do the same with lzma? Any ideas on what the problem is, and
possibly how to fix it?

thanks,
--renato

PS: The work around is to edit the build.ninja file manually after CMake
runs, but that's sub-optimal.