[LLVMdev] [Polly] Update lit config for Cloog

Star Tan tanmx_star at yeah.net
Mon Sep 2 07:44:55 PDT 2013

At 2013-09-02 16:22:28,"Tobias Grosser" <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:

>On 09/01/2013 08:02 PM, Star Tan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Attached patch file to update lit config for Cloog. Without it, Polly always skips Cloog testings when we run "make check-polly".
>
>Dear Star Tan,
>
>thanks a lot for the patch. It looks very reasonable, but I am wondering
>why it was not needed before or what problem it fixes exactly. Could you
>add some information about this to the commit message.

I am not sure why it was not needed before; maybe it has never worked well before. The problem is that Polly never executes Cloog specific testcases no matther whether Cloog is found or not. I find this problem because I put a new testcase in test/Cloog/CodeGen/, but it is never executed.
@Sebastian, you added the Cloog directory in r169159, including all testcases and the lit.local.cfg. The lit.local.cfg ensures that  cloog specific testcases are executed only with CLOOG_FOUND by adding the following lit commands in test/Cloog/lit.local.cfg:
        cloog = config.root.cloog_found
        if cloog not in ['TRUE', 'true'] :
            config.unsupported = True
However, there are two problems:
First, since the cloog_found is set as "@CLOOG_FOUND@",  I think the following "sed" command should be added into Makefile:
        sed -e "s#@CLOOG_FOUN@#$(CLOOG_FOUND)#g"
Unfortunately such command is missed in current Polly.  If it is not needed, I am curious how could Polly determine the value of @CLOOG_FOUND@ ?
Second, even if we add the "sed" command in Makefile, the config.root.cloog_found would be set as "yes" or null, but Polly currently compares it with "TRUE" or "true", which thus always fails and the Cloog testcases will never be executed.
@Sebastian, could you do me a favor to have a review of this problem?  FYI, I have re-attached the patch file.
Thanks,
Star Tan