[LLVMdev] Shrink Wrap for ARM architecture?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Oct 30 23:34:06 PDT 2013

On 30 October 2013 22:34, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 30 October 2013 20:08, Evan Cheng <evan.cheng at apple.com> wrote:
> > The current implementation in LLVM is experimental at best. It probably
> should be ripped out.
>
> Patch attached :-)

Thanks Rafael! It's a shame to see a feature go away that easily, but I
also don't have man-power to maintain this. At least it was well isolated
so that anyone can start over from that when needed.

For my education, how bad was it? Was the problem in the implementation or
in the edge case performance? Was it something wrong with the code or just
under-tested?

Maybe, if it's not too bad (just need more testing), than I could possibly
convince someone to look at it?

cheers,
--renato