[LLVMdev] [compiler-rt] lit tests without x86

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:55:56 PDT 2013

> What is the exact line you use to configure build tree, and the output you see?

cmake ../.. \
    -G Ninja \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=ship \
    -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
    -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON \
    -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=ARM \
    -DLLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi \
    -DLLVM_TARGET_ARCH=arm-none-linux-gnueabi \
    -DLLVM_LIT_ARGS=-v

ninja check-all

Lot's of different errors, but this one stands out (from 'check-tsan'):

   cannot find "bin/../lib/clang/3.4/lib/linux/libclang_rt.tsan-arm.a"

No surprise that library is missing - the ARM Linux runtime doesn't
have enough information to build.  We haven't provided compiler-rt
with an ARM linker (or a sysroot).  I only know how to do that for the
Android build.  How do I build for ARM Linux?

Thanks,
Greg