[LLVMdev] Getting TargetData and TargetLibraryInfo for determining Malloc size

Caldarale, Charles R Chuck.Caldarale at unisys.com
Tue Oct 29 06:18:35 PDT 2013

> From: llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu [mailto:llvmdev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Arnamoy Bhattacharyya
> Subject: [LLVMdev] Getting TargetData and TargetLibraryInfo for determining Malloc size

> I was trying to use the computeArraySize() function from the
> MemoryBuiltins.cpp file.  It requires two arguments DataLayout *TD and
> const TargetLibraryInfo *TLI.  Can anyone tell me how to get the
> TargetLibraryInfo?

For examples, take a look at the related code in the LLVM tools:

tools/clang/lib/CodeGen/BackendUtil.cpp
tools/opt/opt.cpp
tools/llc/llc.cpp

  // Add an appropriate TargetLibraryInfo pass for the module's triple.
  TargetLibraryInfo *TLI = new TargetLibraryInfo(TheTriple);
  if (DisableSimplifyLibCalls)
    TLI->disableAllFunctions();
  PM.add(TLI);

 - Chuck