[LLVMdev] bugs on llvm 2.5

Hui Zhang wayne.huizhang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 22:18:10 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using llvm 2.5.  I initially built it with GCC 4.1.2  and it completed
building.  But when I run it with a simple test function, it fails with the
following issue:

Value still in symbol table! Type = 'i32' Name = 'a'
Value still in symbol table! Type = 'i32' Name = 'b'

llc: ValueSymbolTable.cpp:29:
llvm::ValueSymbolTable::~ValueSymbolTable(): Assertion `vmap.empty() &&
"Values remain in symbol table!"' failed.

I googled an found some answer that it was because the compiler I used to
build llvm is not right, so I switched it to gcc 4.3  which is not on the
broken gcc list. However, I rebuilt all the thing but this error still
remains. Could you tell me why is it acting like this ?

Thanks !

--
Best regards

Hui Zhang