[LLVMdev] [OT] ARMv8 (AArch64) server

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Oct 24 03:07:33 PDT 2013

On 24 October 2013 09:48, "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:

> My goal is to connect with other ARM partners who are interested in
> server/HPC. If they are targeting a server market (128 cores @3Ghz?) - I'd
> like to discuss if HPC is on their roadmap - if not - why not (such as llvm
> missing Fortran support, simd autovec, loop optimizations.. etc)

Hi Christopher,

Have you tried Linaro's LEG (Linaro Enterprise Group)? The main focus of
the group is to leverage ARM into the server market, especially HPC and
highly-distributed environments, and of course, mainly working on AArch64.

http://www.linaro.org/engineering/engineering-groups/leg

There's also the Toolchain Group (which I'm part of) that is working on
LLVM:

http://www.linaro.org/engineering/engineering-groups/toolchain

And, given interest from the community, we can begin to focus on LLVM+HPC
on AArch64. Of course, it's a lot easier to convince our steering committee
if you're part of LEG than not, but nothing is impossible.

We're having an event in Santa Clara next week (Linaro Connect), if you're
in the area, we can arrange a meeting so we can "talk (open source)
business". ;)

cheers,
--renato