[LLVMdev] Contribute a new precise pointer analysis to LLVM

lian li lianli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 07:27:10 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

I want to clarify that our analysis is not based on CFL-reachability.
We apply CFL-reachability to matching context information where the
exist from a function to a call-site must match
the entry from the corresponding call-site. The problem is a simple
balanced parentheses problem in CFL-reachability, and it can be
computed
efficiently.

The paper you mentioned is a very nice paper that proposed an
efficient algorithm to solve Dyck-CFL-reachability problem in
bidirectional graphs. However, precise pointer analysis cannot be
formulated as a Dyck-CFL-reachability problem. The alias analysis
presented in that paper is an over approximation. Hence the time bound
from our paper still applies.

Regards,
Lian