[LLVMdev] ASan testing on Android

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 16:27:30 PDT 2013

Some updates:

First, thanks so much for creating these test suites.  Troubleshooting
is going very quickly!

> There is some flakiness in SanitizerCommon.SpinMutex test.

Yes, I'm seeing that too.  SpinMutexTry as well.  Should these be disabled?

> ARM JellyBean works over here.

I found a configuration that works well on JB 4.1.2 and 4.2.2.  The
trick is to build the ASan *runtime* with *CMake*.  If you build the
runtime using the Make build, the test suite falls over.

Also, lots of tests fail when running on the Android Emulator.  This
is a convenient environment for testing, but is there any hope of
getting all of ASan working on it?  I see that simple cases such as
detecting use-after-free and stack-buffer-overflow work on the
emulator.

Regarding:
https://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/wiki/Android

I see that the Make build puts the ASan runtime into its install
directory, and the test suite from the CMake build uses the local copy
of the ASan runtime for testing.

To reproduce the error I'm seeing, run the Android CMake build in the
Release+Asserts directory of the Make build.  Install the ASan runtime
from the Make build and then run the AsanTests test suite.

Thanks,
Greg