[LLVMdev] Feature request for include llvm-mc in llvm.org/builds

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Thu Oct 17 10:15:30 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)
<luoyonggang at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's already contained C/C++ compiler, but
> lack of a assembler. so request for that.

Clang can be used like an assembler in the sense that if it's fed a .s
file, it will assemble it. (I noted that clang-cl doesn't do this for
.asm files, I should fix that.)

I'm not sure that we want to include llvm-mc in the installer. Is it
really intended to be used as an assembler by the end user? The help
text says "llvm machine code playground", which seems to indicate it's
more of an internal tool.

 - Hans